Safe and reliable extraction of metallic dusts, coolants and aerosols from the machining area
Three factors are relevant for designing suitable filtration technology for the machining of metal workpieces:
- Type of machining: turning, milling, sawing, drilling, etc.
- Application of coolants: oil, emulsion, MQL
- Materials: grey cast iron and high carbon steel, light metals, non-ferrous metals, as well as alloys
The machinery area must be kept clean and it is madatory that the contaminated air cannot escape.
Additional factors to be considered in the design are:
- Coolant pressure
- Internal dimensions of the machine
- Size of the machine opening (for loading of workpiece, tool exchange)
- Harmful characteristics of materials to be separated